Thursday, June 10, 2010

The challenge

As I have said I am not really feeling the challenge of eating flourless because I almost always do anyway. However, my husband is really struggling. He feels that there is just so much limit to what he can eat. I guess if you think about it you are right. Flour is everywhere and takes up a very large percentage of the traditional grocery store. From of course the bread and bakery items and as you travel through the aisles it is coating the pepitas seeds. In the cooler section with pastries and cookies as well as in the meat, where many items are coated in the bi-product to increase the weight of the item as well allow for a crispy texture.

I would be curious to know how many items actually contain flour. It is in pasta, cereals, bakery items from cake mixes to coatings for meat. How do people with celiac's disease do it? I am choosing not to eat, I don't have to avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment