Thursday, June 10, 2010

The journey continues

I have to say this is not hard at all. I really have not missed anything. Friends ordered pizza the other night and I ate some left-overs and was completely happy. I think the reason I do not feel it is so difficult is because I see an end point if I choose to use it. I placed the challenge on me for 30 days there are people who have to eliminate common foods from their diet for life.

I met a couple the other day that have a terrible reaction to dairy and they were telling how hard it is to find foods without it. I would have to agree. Dairy bi-products are in so many foods. I think the FDA does a pretty good job setting guidelines but I am not sure everyone follows the rules.

I know for me I go overboard because I empathize with individuals with food allergies. I am very fortunate I do not and know very few that do personally. I have met many along the way. I find it amazing that as people come to my table I begin to remember them and what they can and can not have and just like a mother tell them "NO". They always laugh because I do it light hearted and in good spirit but I do not want my clients to have problems.

I snacked on my goodies yesterday at the market along with Sugar Peas and Fresh Michigan Strawberries. We ate supper at the Mongolian Grill. The only concerns I had their were sauces. It is possible some could be thickened with flours, so I was very picky. It was delicious and we had a nice dinner as a couple in Royal Oak. Yummy for you tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment