Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Half Way Point

This is not that hard at all. Supper last night was delicious, Elk Steak coated lightly in corn meal and corn starch and fried. I was craving something a little crispy and this fit the bill. We served it with snap peas and baked potatoes and finished the supper off with Fresh Michigan Strawberries and Calder Ice Cream - YUMMAY (new word I made up and it drives my son crazy so it makes it even more fun to say). Erik is still feeling it is very challenging on the road. I have to agree. When I was out on Saturday, I was making a stop at Sparrow Hospital and I made a salad on the salad bar and topped it with Chicken Salad it was delicious.

I notice we eat more salads because we think of it quickly. We are big summer salad eaters anyway. I have to say though I hate making salads but the beautiful Michigan Greens keep calling my name. I even got fresh Michigan Tomato's on Saturday at the Novi Farmers Market they grow them in green houses in Romeo. Hoop Houses are become the future in garden farming in Michigan. The big produce producers are really getting into it to extend their growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment