Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 2

Today was interesting not in my process but with discussion with others about their process of elimination. The first person I talked to had joined our flourless month because he thought it would be an interesting challenge and it was right from the get go. He had not thought through the process of finding food while trying to challenge. When he was on the road, which he is about 12 times a month, he just grabs fast food for lunch. Well without flour that can be a challenge, everything is served on a bun. Wendy's is the only fast food restaurant that does offer "gluten" free as an option and will make an effort to help people with gluten allergies. They have chili, baked potato's and will make sandwiches without the bun. He said after much contemplation he just gave up and ate a drive thru sandwich but after our discussion he feels better equipped for his next outing.

The second person I visited with had started this process months ago and shared how she feels so much better and has eliminated headaches that have been an issue for her for a long time. She said, "I still eat pasta once in a while with my family but in very limited quantities." Other than that no flour for her.

For me I really don't think this will be much of a challenge because I already limit this item extensively. My biggest challenge is going to be my son. He has mentioned calazones three times since I started this Tuesday. Calazone certainly to not fit this scenario.

Breakfast: Bizzy Lizzy Pumpkin - Pepitas Seed Muffin
Lunch: Two eggs with a little bacon and cheese
Snack: A frozen coffee - I went out with a friend on an outing and treated myself - delicious
Supper: Nacho - fried elk burger, taco seasoning, lettuce, cheese and a few flourless tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment